My goal for the year is 100 books, and though I have a ton of books just sitting around my apartment waiting to be read, it's likely they will be thrown over for newer, shinier (easier) books. Which is where the TBR Pile Challenge comes in! (thanks for bringing this awesome thing to my attention, josephinestone)
Basically you pick 12 books that you haven't read yet that have been sitting on your bookshelf for over a year, and you read them within 12 months!
I'm currently finishing up the Heroes of Olympus series before they are due back at the library (1 down, 4 to go!), but then I will pick one of these! Any suggestions about where I should start?
2. 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
4. Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
6. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
7. The Gauntlet Thrown by Cheryl Dyson (aka dysonrules)
8. Daughter of Fortune by Isabel Allende
9. Oh the Glory of it All by Sean Wilsey
10. Great Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe by Edgar Allan Poe
12. The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
1. Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
2. Les Misérables by Victor Hugo
(Wow, finding books was a lot harder than I thought it would be! Turns out I don't have very many books lying around that I haven't read!)