- harrydracobang: worked on edits and rewrites + sent updated version to beta. Got notes back from my alpha & betas, and after taking a much needed break, was able to start working through the edits. Made it through pretty much all of the notes from the first round, including the standard additions/clarifications/flesh
ing out of scenes, rewriting a scene, and adding three entirely new scenes.
- hp_crossgenfest: Edited and submitted! Draft was complete in June, so I just had to go through my alpha/beta edits this month and make a couple of small tweaks.
- harrybirthdayblog: Drafted, edited, and submitted! I've been trying to work through some of my random plot bunnies and when I saw that you could self-prompt for this fest, I thought it would be a great opportunity to knock out one of the little ficlets that's been nipping at my heels. Super impulsive sign up, but I wrote the fic in a couple hours, and I didn't participate in many fests the first half of the year, so it's fun to jump back into the fray.
- August daily_deviant / scorbusfest: Drafted + alpha edits! Prompts for the rest of the year went up at DD the second week of July and I struggled a bit to decide what I wanted to write. But THEN I thought I might be tricksy and combine my August DD fic with an entry for Scorbus fest. And once I decided on the pairing, the themes just fell into place. I normally post my DD fics on the 9th, but between my vacation in early August, and then a TON of modding for every single one of my fests (seriously, all 4 of my fests have major events happening in August) I think I'm going to ask for a later posting date (plus, that will coincide with the posting of Scorbus fest...tricksy, I told you). Still need to find a beta for this one, but at least the bulk of the work is done.
- hd_fan_fair: began writing first draft. Started the month with this one outlined, and I currently have 3 out of the seven currently planned scenes drafted. This is my first year participating in this fest, and I'm super excited to be playing along. Hit a bit of a roadblock when I was suddenly hit with a bout of insecurity about my writing and if I was really doing this idea justice. Which is super fun, but I'm trying to push through. Haven't actually worked on this one at all since said bout of insecurity, but that's mostly because I switched gears to some of the projects that have earlier due dates. Getting a little nervous though, because one of my brainwaves to overcome earlier-mentioned-insecurity would involve pretty much doubling the final WC of the fic. Haven't really looked into the specifics quite yet, but I'll need to determine if I think that will solve my issue and, if so, if I can realistically finish it before the deadline given how bananas my August is going to be....
- September daily_deviant: outlined & almost done with the first draft. This is practically done, but the ending is pretty abrupt, so I just need to add a sentence or two to end it on. I was able to double dip and use this month's themes to write a fic I've been vaguely meaning to write for ages, so it's always nice when that works out.
- 50 Reasons Bonus Fic: Drafted, edited, and ready for posting in September. I'm still sloooowly working through the prompts I got went I finished my 50 Reasons to Have Sex Series back in October 2016...This is actually the last one that I am for sure planning to do (the others are bonus bonus if I get to them) and the reason it's taken awhile for me to get to this one is that I struggled a bit to figure out how I wanted to approach it. But I got there eventually, and I'll be happy to get this one out into the world.
- October daily_deviant: Outlined! I haven't started writing this ficlet yet, but I've decided on pairing and themes, and I have a brief paragraph outline of what I want to write.
August Word Count Goal: 15,000
- harrydracobang: Final drafts are due this month, so my first order of business will be putting on the finishing touches for this bad boy. OMG, I am so freaking nervous about releasing this into the wild. It's been 4+ years in the making and I am NOT READY. But also, I AM SO READY...to be done with it.
- August daily_deviant /scorbusfest: This one is going up at the end of the month. It's finished, but I need to find a beta and make edits as needed.
- September daily_deviant: I just need to write the last few lines and then edit, send to alpha + find a beta.
- hd_fan_fair: Plan for August is to finish this one, or at least make a lot of headway. This will probably be my primary focus for the month as it has the most actual writing left to complete.
- October & November daily_deviant: October DD is outlined and just waiting to be written. Struggling a bit with inspiration for the November themes, so that still needs to be decided upon and outlined. Neither are a priority in August as I still have plenty of time, but if I finish my other projects, these will probably be next on the list.
- hp-nextgen-fest: Prompting & claiming for this fest happens in August and I fully plan on participating! I have two already existing plot bunnies, one short & one long, that I could potentially self-prompt and write for this. OR I might claim a prompt by somebody else if something jumps out at me. Not sure what I'm planning for this one, beyond knowing that I'm going to write something. Probably won't touch this until September beyond potentially deciding on what I'm writing in August.
- daily_deviant Kinky Kristmas: Prompting & claiming for this fest should also be happening in August, which I'm excited about as it's one of my favorites. I'll for-sure be claiming something for this. Obviously no clue what yet, but it's on my radar.
- Femslash Gift!Fic: I've been wanting to write this fic for over a year now, but I just haven't had the time. I haven't touched it since the beginning of March, but I'd really love to finish it by the end of the year. There's still about 3/4 of the fic left to write, so IDK if it's likely to happen, especially because, unlike all of my other projects, the deadline is a bit more wishy-washy. I'm guessing I won't be able to focus on this until October, or maybe not even until November or December.
This entry was originally posted here on Dreamwidth. Please comment there using OpenID