October Word Count Goal: 12,530 / 21,000
2018 Total Word Count Goal: 143,547 / 200,000
I wasn't as prolific as I'd hoped to be in October. Especially considering the month wasn't *too* crazy for me. But I did have proofing to do with hp_nextgen_fest, plus I've been trying to read along as much as possible with hd_fan_fair, plus I've just...I've been in a weird mental headspace, which is mostly not fandom related. But it led to me spending most of October curled up with my heated blanket in bed watching YouTube videos and reading original m/m romances. *shrugs* I do seem to be coming out of my depression fog and the majority of the words I got were in the last week and a half or so.
I know I've got a lot of projects listed below, but most of them were just in the final minor edits stage, which doesn't lead to a whole lot of wordage.
- October daily_deviant: went through final edits/read-through and posted! You can read it here.
- November daily_deviant: got back from beta and went through final edits. This one is drafted on AO3 and ready for posting.
- hp_nextgen_fest: went through final edits/read-through and submitted! Posting for the fest starts November 5!
- sirius_blk: got back from beta, went through final edits, and submitted! Posting for the fest starts November 4!
- January daily_deviant : picked a pairing and wrote up a super quick outline of what I'd like to write.
- Drarry Gift!Fic: began and finished drafting + went through initial read-through. Every word of this fic was like pulling teeth, and I'm not totally sure if I'm happy with it, which is sucky for a gift!fic, so I don't even know. But the draft is finished and I'll send it to my alpha and see what they think...
- Femslash Gift!Fic: picked this one up and started writing! I started with 3 scenes already written and was able to write 2 more of the scenes I had outlined, for a total of 5/12 drafted. I actually picked it up pretty easily, so I'm hopeful this one will be smooth-ish sailing. I'd LOVE to finish this by the end of the year, and it's currently my primary priority, so I *think* that might be doable. Maybe.
- Drarry Gift!Fic #2: outlined! This was completely unplanned, but I had a vague idea that it would be nice to write a gift fic for a certain somebody. As I was going through my plot bunnies file, one of the ideas I'd jotted down (years ago) resonated and I started expanding on the idea a bit while I was thinking of it...and then just didn't stop until I had an entire fic outlined, LOL.
- Drarry PWP: outlined & drafted! Another unplanned ficlet pulled from my plot bunnies file and expanded on. I was planning on just expanding the outline and then coming back to it later, but then I started writing and may have written the entire thing in one day... Oops?
November Word Count Goal: 21,000
November tends to be total chaos between holidays + my birthday + NGF posting + Erised proofing/general modding responsibilities, so I think that WC is likely ambitious. But aim for the moon, amirite?
November Fics to Focus On
- Drarry Gift!Fic: need to send this to my alpha + find a beta this month.
- Drarry PWP: need to clean up the first draft, send to alpha, and find a beta this month.
- Femslash Gift!Fic: I'd ideally like to finish this one this month, but that might be unrealistic given other commitments. But I definitely plan to get some words down!
- January daily_deviant: I've got this one outlined and it shouldn't be *too* long. I might try and knock this one out in November because I like being prepared and then I have plenty of time to clean it up, find a beta, etc.
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- Drarry Gift!Fic #2: I'm actually pretty eager to work on this one, and I don't think it'll be *too* crazy long. But it's a lower priority that the rest of the projects I've got in November. But it'll probably be the first thing I pick up if I manage to work through the other stuff.
- Jeddy Pride!Fic: This is another one of those fics I've been wanting to write since last year. I'd originally planned for this to be a gift!fic, but my feels weren't in the right place. Then I thought I might write it for hp_nextgen_fest but it's looking to be on the long side and I didn't have the time/inspiration to write something that long for the fest. I've got it mostly outlined, and am vaguely thinking about potentially trying to finish it by April for the next round of jeddyfest , but we'll see how everything else shakes out.
- Taking Chances Sequel: This is waaay on the back-burner. Like, have-not-committed-to-making-this-a-real
ity back-burner. BUT, I do have a document where I've been tossing in ideas of potential plot points/scenes for a sequel, and I have a kind of vague idea of how it would go. Nowhere near a cohesive plot, but I'm thinking I'll take a look at this doc in the new year and start seriously thinking about working up an outline. I'm pretty excited about some of the ideas I have, but working on the original fic was so draining, that I'm not quite up for tackling another long Drarry fic at the moment.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. As you can tell from my list above, I do try and comb through this periodically and pull for inspiration.
This entry was originally posted here on Dreamwidth. Please comment there using OpenID