2019 Total Word Count Goal: 150,000
2019 Total Writing Days Goal: 240
My writing goals for 2019 are lower than they've been since I started writing fanfic. I really waffled back and forth between wanting to push myself with a goal that isn't too easy, and allowing myself some space to slow my writing production as I start to maybe focus on other areas of my life. I definitely still plan to write, but having less pressure on word production will hopefully allow me greater flexibility to work on the projects I'm really passionate about.
January Word Count Goal: 15,000
I'm feeling a bit of burnout this month, to be perfectly honest. Nowhere near as bad as it was last year, but I'm just feeling super overwhelmed in a bunch of different life areas. It's been hell on my muse, so we'll see what this month has to offer. I keep going back and forth between writing as a discipline/doing it regularly, and just writing when I'm inspired. Jury's still out on what works best for me...
January Fics to Focus On
- Drarry Gift!Fic: this really just needs a final read-through & polish, so I'll plan on getting to that sometime this month!
- Femslash Gift!Fic: this is with a beta now and I'm hoping to get it back, edited, and posted this month.
- hpfemslash-minifest:January theme is bed sharing and I'm hoping to write a little something for it! Haven't had a chance to really think it over, but I'm hoping inspiration will strike.
- Deamus Vampire!Fic: Need to edit and sent to alpha!
- February daily_deviant: this is outlined, and I'd like to knock out the first draft early so it's ready to post come February!
- hp_goldenage: need to find a beta this month!
- hpdarkarts My Bloody Valentine fest: this is finished & edited, I just need to send to my beta.
- hpkinkfest: claim and write! Prompting just opened for this fest, and I'm really looking forward to going through the prompts once they're all up! I'm really hoping to write something super kinky. :D
- Jeddy Pride!Fic: Start writing! This is another one of those fics I've been wanting to write since last year. I've got it mostly outlined, and it's the project I'm hoping to work on between fest commitments.
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- March & beyond daily_deviant: themes have so far only been posted through February, but I'm hoping to continue to keep up with my monthly posting, so they're on my radar.
- Drarry Vampire Fic: I love creature fics but have written ZERO for H/D, which is a travesty. I've got an idea for a twist on the Vampire trope that I'm still mulling over, and I'd love to maybe get a chance to write it sometime this year if the plot comes together.
- Taking Chances Sequel: This is waaay on the back-burner. Like, have-not-committed-to-making-this-a-real
ity back-burner. BUT, I do have a document where I've been tossing in ideas of potential plot points/scenes for a sequel, and I have a kind of vague idea of how it would go. Nowhere near a cohesive plot, but I'm thinking I'll take a look at this doc in the new year and start seriously thinking about working up an outline. I'm pretty excited about some of the ideas I have, but working on the original fic was so draining, that I'm not quite up for tackling another long Drarry fic at the moment.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. As you can tell from my list above, I do try and comb through this periodically and pull for inspiration. A couple I'm the most interested in are my Drarry Deaged, Jalbus Memory Loss, & the Drarry Vampire!Fic.
This entry was originally posted here on Dreamwidth. Please comment there using OpenID