GOALSJanuary Word Count Goal: 10,188 / 15,000
2019 Total Word Count Goal: 10,188 / 150,000
2019 Total Writing Days Goal: 17 / 240
Did not quite hit my January WC goal, and I'm a smidge behind pace if I want to stay on track to hit my yearly WC goal, but I'm not too fussed about it. I finished the things I had to finish commitment-wise, and let myself shift focus to other areas of my life that are currently invigorating me and bringing me joy. Even with the low word-count, you can see below that January was a busy fic month for me! :D
- January daily_deviant: no words, but this one posted this month. It's a short and angsty/smutty James/Sirius fic and you can read it here.
- Femslash Gift!Fic: got back from my brit-picker made some final edits, and finally posted! This was written as a gift!fic for the lovely anemonen who said she'd love some long and plotty femslash during the 2018 Snowflake Challenge. here it is, only a year later!
- January hpfemslash-minifest: drafted, edited, & posted. I went with Lavender/Parvati this time, and as is seeming to be a trend with his mini-fest, it's once again smutless...Anyway, you can read it here.
- Draco/Gawain Gift!Fic: made final tweaks and posted! Are you seeing a theme? LOL! This was written for the lovely kedavranox's birthday as an AU prequel to their hd-erised fic, For Thine is the Kingdom. You can read my fic here.
- February daily_deviant: sent to & got back from beta & went through final edits! This is all ready for posting in February.
- April daily_deviant: edited and sent to/got back from alpha! & beta! When I saw the April DD themes this month I realized that a fic I'd written in December for no particular reason (wasn't written for a person/fest/etc) actually fit PERFECTLY with one of the April themes, so I already had this one drafted! That's serendipity for you. :D
- May daily_deviant: started, finished, & edited the first draft!
- June daily_deviant: outlined! There was an idea I've been wanting to write that aligned perfectly with the themes, so I just jotted out a quick outline while it was fresh. :D
- July daily_deviant: outlined! This one is going to be pretty out there, even for me, but it's definitely not a pairing or kink I've done before!
- hp_goldenage: got back from beta, went through edits, and submitted to the mods! This one is ~officially~ off my plate, hooray!
- hp_kinkfest: finished drafting, got back from alpha & beta, and finished with final edits! This one is ready to post next month.
- hpdarkarts: got back from beta, went through final edits, and drafted on AO3. This one is all ready to go for posting in February.
FEBRUARYFebruary Word Count Goal: 15,000
Based on the fact that I wasn't able to hit this is in January, it might be a bit aggressive for February. Not only is it a shorter month, but I'm also going to be traveling for about a week and will definitely not be wording at all while I'm gone. Given what I'm hoping to work on this month, I think it'll be doable though, we'll just see where my head is at!
February Fics to Focus On
- hp_kinkfest: this fic is actually all ready to go, so no words necessary! But I will be posting in February.
- Drarry Gift!Fic: like the above, this fic is ready to post, so I don't actually need to do any wording on this one. I meant to post in January, but I ended up posting a lot of fic and decided to push this one out a month.
- Drarry Gift!Fic #2: this really just needs a final read-through & polish. I don't think I'll post this until March, just because I already have several fics posting in February and don't want to inundate with fic. But I'll plan on doing the polishing in February to get it all ready to go.
- February hpfemslash_minifest: I've so far managed to keep up with this monthly mini-fest, and I'd love to continue if possible. But it's also one of the lower priority things, so if nothing's coming to me, then I won't be too distressed if I need to pass.
- April daily_deviant: just need to go through beta edits and give this one a final polish before I can forget about it until April.
- May daily_deviant: this is drafted and ready to send to alpha. I might also plan on trying to wrangle up a beta for it this month.
- June daily_deviant: this is outlined and ready to be written. Obviously June is still a bit away, but given that most of my other priorities for February really are just edits, I think I can knock this one out this month.
- July daily_deviant: this is outlined and ready to be written. As I said above, I know February looks packed, but the majority of the items are editing/tweaking, so I think trying to knock this one out is doable.
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- August daily_deviant: have a vague idea of the theme/pairing I want to go with, but still need to confirm & outline. If I get through my other fics for February, I'll plan on pulling this one into the month to work on.
- Gryles Ficlet: this fic is outlined, and essentially ready to be written, but I'm not really in a Gryles ~mood~ to write it. I've got a bunch of fics saved for me to read when I'm ready to drown in feels, but I'm currently living in the Supernatural space ATM and I'm not quite ready to move on, so this is on the backburner for now. I would like to write it this year though.
- Jeddy Pride!Fic: This is a fic I've been wanting to write since last year. I'd originally planned for this to be a gift!fic, but my feels weren't in the right place. Then I thought I might write it for hp_nextgen_fest but it's looking to be on the long side and I didn't have the time/inspiration to write something that long for the fest. I've got it mostly outlined, and am vaguely thinking about shooting for writing it for this next year's NGF since, if I start working on it early, I should be able to finish in time. Not a priority for February, but I'm thinking it'll be the next thing I work on after finishing with my DD backlog.
- Taking Chances Sequel: This is waaay on the back-burner. Like, have-not-committed-to-making-this-a-real
ity back-burner. BUT, I do have a document where I've been tossing in ideas of potential plot points/scenes for a sequel, and I have a kind of vague idea of how it would go. Nowhere near a cohesive plot, but I'm thinking I'll take a look at this doc in the new year and start seriously thinking about working up an outline. I'm pretty excited about some of the ideas I have, but working on the original fic was so draining, that I'm not quite up for tackling another long Drarry fic at the moment.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. As you can tell from my list above, I do try and comb through this periodically and pull for inspiration.
This entry was originally posted here on Dreamwidth. Please comment there using OpenID