GOALSFebruary Word Count Goal: 8,208 / 15,000
2019 Total Word Count Goal: 18,396 / 150,000
2019 Total Writing Days Goal: 32 / 240
February was, predictably, not a super productive writing month. One, it's a shorter month, two, I had a vacation in the middle of the month, and three, I've generally just not been super motivated to write lately. Not a surprise, but I will admit I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't at least hit 10k...
- Drarry Gift!Fic: no words, but posted this month! It was for the lovely anokaba to thank them for illustrating my fic for harrydracobang. It's based on their gorgeous and super NSFW art and you can read it here.
- April daily_deviant: went through beta edits!
- May daily_deviant: sent to & got back from alpha & beta, and went through edits. This is essentially ready to go, and I'll plan on doing my final read-through in April to prepare for May posting.
- June daily_deviant: began drafting.
- February hpfemslash_minifest: drafted, edited, & posted! You can read it here. This is a bit of a weird one, but the heart wants what the heart wants, LOL.
- Drarry Gift!Fic: got back from beta and began working through edits!
- Rare Pair Gift!Fic: outlined and finished drafting! This fic wasn't on my radar at all, but I was struck with inspiration, so I just went with it. This one was a bit of a struggle for me and I know the ending is going to need some work, but I'm considering the draft done for now with a plan to come back to it sometime next month.
- Original!Fic - 100% unplanned, but I had this brainwave for an original fic idea, so I spent some time outlining just to get the idea down. I am veeeery skeptical that I'll ever actually write it, as original fic writing isn't a huge goal of mine, but I'm not ruling it out, either.
MARCHMarch Word Count Goal: 15,000
Given my productivity the past two months, this might be a bit of a stretch. Especially because I'm visiting my mother over a weekend in the middle of the month and I'll be traveling to New Orleans at the end of the month. But we'll see how it goes.
March Fics to Focus On
- Drarry Gift!Fic: I've got this one back from beta and there are a couple of big pieces of feedback I'm still mulling over. Once I decide what I want to do there, this will be ready to go, and right now my plan is to post sometime in March.
- Rare Pair Gift!Fic: draft is finished, and at some point I need to make myself look at it and revise. I know the ending will definitely need some work.
- March hpfemslash_minifest: I've so far managed to keep up with this monthly mini-fest, and I'd love to continue if possible. But it's also one of the lower priority things, so if nothing's coming to me, then I won't be too distressed if I need to pass.
- June daily_deviant: this is partially drafted, and I'd like to finish writing it this month.
- July daily_deviant: this is outlined and I'd like to get it written this month.
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- August daily_deviant: I have a vague idea of the theme/pairing I want to go with, but still need to confirm & outline. If I get through my other fics for March, I'll plan on pulling this one into the month to work on.
- Gryles Ficlet: this fic is outlined, and essentially ready to be written, but I'm not really in a Gryles ~mood~ to write it. I've got a bunch of fics saved for me to read when I'm ready to drown in feels, but I'm currently living in the Supernatural space ATM and I'm not quite ready to move on, so this is on the backburner for now. I would like to write it this year though.
- Jeddy Pride!Fic: This is a fic I've been wanting to write since last year. I'd originally planned for this to be a gift!fic, but my feels weren't in the right place. Then I thought I might write it for hp_nextgen_fest but it's looking to be on the long side and I didn't have the time/inspiration to write something that long for the fest. I've got it mostly outlined, and am vaguely thinking about shooting for writing it for this year's NGF since, if I start working on it early, I should be able to finish in time. Not a priority for March, but I'm thinking it'll be the next thing I work on after finishing with my DD backlog.
- Original!Fic: I've got an idea and part of an outline. TBH, I'm really feeling this one right now, so depending on how my muse decides to cooperate, I might actually write this, who knows...
- Taking Chances Sequel: This is waaay on the back-burner. Like, have-not-committed-to-making-this-a-real
ity back-burner. BUT, I do have a document where I've been tossing in ideas of potential plot points/scenes for a sequel, and I have a kind of vague idea of how it would go. Nowhere near a cohesive plot, but I'm thinking I'll take a look at this doc in the new year and start seriously thinking about working up an outline. I'm pretty excited about some of the ideas I have, but working on the original fic was so draining, that I'm not quite up for tackling another long Drarry fic at the moment.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. As you can tell from my list above, I do try and comb through this periodically and pull for inspiration.
This entry was originally posted here on Dreamwidth. Please comment there using OpenID