GOALSApril Word Count Goal: 9,845 / 15,000
2019 Total Word Count Goal: 36,042 / 150,000
2019 Total Writing Days Goal: 69/ 240
April went both better and worse than expected. Still a pretty low over-all word count, in keeping with my trend thus far in 2019. BUT, two trips, plus preparing for & recovering from said trips ate up a good portion of my writing days, so the fact that I managed this many words is actually pretty decent.
- April daily_deviant: went through final edits and posted! You can read it here.
- May daily_deviant: did final read through and prepped fic for posting in May!
- July daily_deviant: finished drafting, sent to Alpha and Beta, and worked through edits!
- August daily_deviant: finished drafting, went through initial edits, and sent to Alpha!
- Rare Pair Gift!Fic: sent to & got back from beta, went through final edits, and prepped for posting!
- Ageplay Fic: started outlining! I've had a vague idea for an ageplay fic that I've been wanting to write for a couple of months, but it wants to be longer than I've had time for, so I shelved it. However, with the new hp_daddyfest happening, I've been debating on if I'll be able to make it work for that...
- ATF Sequel Ideas: added some scenes/details to my document of doom where I've been jotting down random scene ideas and plot points that I'd like to potentially work into a sequel.</i>
- Jeddy Fic: started drafting! This is a fic I've been wanting to work on for aaaages, and specifically had hoped to start writing this month, so I'm very happy I got some words down! I've actually had an abundance of Jeddy feels recently, and so far the words on this one have been coming more easily than anything else I've written all year..
MayMay Word Count Goal: 15,000
I'm low-key hoping for more words than this, but given I've not even hit 15k words in a single month so far this year, that may not be realistic. BUT, I should have plenty of fics to work on to help get me to my goal, one of which has a pretty firm deadline, so I'm hopeful that maybe May will be my month! Then again, I've got a weekend away, a 5-day trip, and I'm currently doing a pretty intense personal development challenge that requires my focus in other areas of my life. I guess we'll see how it all shakes out!
May Fics to Focus On
- hdtropes: I signed up for this fest at the end of April, and assignments should be coming out May 13! So as soon as I get my assignment, I'm going to start brainstorming and get to work.
- Rare Pair Gift!Fic: this is all ready to go, it just needs to be posted!
- May daily_deviant: this is all ready to go, it just needs to be posted!
- June daily_deviant: this has been sent to beta and I should get it back sometime this month and work through edits.
- August daily_deviant: I would like to find a beta for this one this month. Should be a fun challenge since it's weird AF.
- Jeddy Fic: I'd like to write another couple of sections of this one. Now that I am finished with the first drafts of all my outstanding DD fics, I've basically got nothing with a deadline on my plate for the next 1.5 weeks until Tropes assignments arrive, so I'm hoping to make some progress on this one while I wait.
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- July daily_deviant: this fic is complete pending a final read-through before posting in July. I'll plan on doing that in June when it's closer to posting, so it's on the backburner for now.
- hpfemslash-minifest: this mini-fest is on hiatus at least through May, and IDK if it'll be coming back in June/if it will have the same or a different format, but its on my radar as something I'd like to continue to participate in if possible!
- hp_crossgenfest: the mini-fest was just announced yesterday, and I obviously am planning on/hoping to participate! Prompting opens at the end of the month, and I'm thinking I'll try and create something based on the prompts, as opposed to my own idea, so I'll plan on looking through those in June when they become available. For now, I'm just keeping it on my radar as an upcoming commitment.
- Gryles Ficlet: this fic is outlined, and essentially ready to be written, but I'm not really in a Gryles ~mood~ to write it. I've got a bunch of fics saved for me to read when I'm ready to drown in feels, but I'm currently living in the Supernatural space ATM and I'm not quite ready to move on, so this is on the backburner for now. I would like to write it this year though.
- Original!Fic: I've got an idea and part of an outline. TBH, I'm really feeling this one right now, so depending on how my muse decides to cooperate, I might actually write this, who knows...
- Taking Chances Sequel: This is waaay on the back-burner. Like, have-not-committed-to-making-this-a-real
ity back-burner. BUT, I do have a document where I've been tossing in ideas of potential plot points/scenes for a sequel, and I have a kind of vague idea of where the fic would go. I've got quite a lot of content here and should probably sit down soon and try and wrangle it into some semblance of an actual plot. I'm pretty excited about some of the ideas I have, but working on the first fic was so draining, that I'm not quite up for tackling another long Drarry fic at the moment.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. There are a couple of ideas here that I REALLY want to write at some point, so I'm always keeping an eye out for a good opportunity to prioritize one of my ideas.
This entry was originally posted here on Dreamwidth. Please comment there using OpenID