GOALSMay Word Count Goal: 22,304 / 15,000
2019 Total Word Count Goal: 58,346 / 150,000
2019 Total Writing Days Goal: 95 / 240
Writing-wise, May was pretty stellar. I wrote more this past month than I wrote in the previous three months combined, which I think says more about how blocked I was feeling than anything else. It was SO nice feeling inspired again, and I worked on several things that I'm really excited about, which is always really nice. I don't really think of myself as a longer writer, but I've felt the most engaged this year when working on longer fics, which is perhaps a sign.
- Rare Pair Gift!Fic: went through final edits and posted! You can read it here.
- May daily_deviant: went through final edits and posted! You can read it here.
- June daily_deviant: went through beta edits and prepared for posting in June!
- August daily_deviant: went through Alpha & beta edits.
- femmefest: drafted, edited, & submitted! I took this on as an unexpected pinch hit, and was thankfully able to come up with something pretty quickly. I hadn't signed up for the fest originally due to some timing/muse issues, but I was really happy to be able to participate in the end. :D
- hdtropes: received assignment, outlined, and wrote 4 scenes!
- Ageplay Fic: made some good progress on the outline! It's still got some holes in it, but the bones are there and the bulk of the work is done in terms of outlining. Jury's still very much out on if I can make this happen in time for hp_daddyfest but having a mostly solid outline is definitely promising!
- Jeddy Fic: drafted another 3 scenes! This one continued to come really smoothly for me, which was SUCH a nice feeling after struggling all year. A bit bummed about needing to put it on pause given how well it was flowing, but hopefully it will be just as eager to be written when I'm able to return to it.
JUNEJune Word Count Goal: 20,000
This is the highest goal I've set for myself this year, but given my productivity in May, I am hopeful! Especially because I have more than enough projects to work on to get me to this goal, and words seem to be a-flowin'. The good thing about June is that I currently have zero travel plans this month. The bad thing about June, is that I have a lot of social engagements, including having my WADC BFF coming to stay with me for a week, which will definitely cut back on my online fandom free time. I actually get a lot of my writing done while on break at work though, so I'm hoping it won't through me off schedule too much.
June Fics to Focus On
- hdtropes: this fic is due July 12, and I would really like to finish with the initial draft this month, so I have a reasonable amount of time for beta and editing. Given my current pace, I think this should be possible.
- June daily_deviant: this is all ready to go, it just needs to be posted!
- July daily_deviant: this just needs a final read-through this month as I prepare for posting in July.
- hp_crossgenfest: Prompting for this fest is just wrapping up, and the final list of prompts will post on June 3. My plan this month is to decide which prompt I'd like to write for and at least jot down an outline. Depending on how Tropes is going, I might actually get started on writing in June as well.
- hpfemslash-minifest: the minifest is returning in June, and I'm happy it's back! Prompts will now run for two months instead of one, so even though I don't need to finish this one in June, I'd like to at least outline an idea.
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- Jeddy Fic: I really enjoyed working on this fic in the first bit of May, but as it doesn't have a specific deadline, it's unfortunately been relegated to the back-burner as I prioritize the things that do. But it's ready and waiting in the wings if I happen to finish with my other fics!
- Ageplay Fic: Jury's still very much out on if I can make this happen in time for hp_daddyfest, and I definitely don't plan on thinking about it more seriously until after I finish with Tropes and CGF, which probably won't be until end of June/July.
- August daily_deviant: this fic just needs a final read-through before it's ready to go, but I'll plan on doing that in July when it's closer to posting.
- September & Beyond daily_deviant: themes haven't yet posted for the fall/winter on DD, but they are on my radar as fics I'll plan on writing this year.
- Gryles Ficlet: this fic is outlined, and essentially ready to be written, but I'm not really in a Gryles ~mood~ to write it. I've got a bunch of fics saved for me to read when I'm ready to drown in feels, but I'm currently living in the Supernatural space ATM and I'm not quite ready to move on, so this is on the backburner for now. I would like to write it this year though.
- Original!Fic: I've got an idea and part of an outline. TBH, I'm really feeling this one right now, so depending on how my muse decides to cooperate, I might actually write this, who knows...
- Taking Chances Sequel: This is waaay on the back-burner. Like, have-not-committed-to-making-this-a-real
ity back-burner. BUT, I do have a document where I've been tossing in ideas of potential plot points/scenes for a sequel, and I have a kind of vague idea of where the fic would go. I've got quite a lot of content here and should probably sit down soon and try and wrangle it into some semblance of an actual plot. I'm pretty excited about some of the ideas I have, but working on the first fic was so draining, that I'm not quite up for tackling another long Drarry fic at the moment.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. There are a couple of ideas here that I REALLY want to write at some point, so I'm always keeping an eye out for a good opportunity to prioritize one of my ideas.
This entry was originally posted here on Dreamwidth. Please comment there using OpenID