GOALSJune Word Count Goal: 21,726 / 20,000
2019 Total Word Count Goal: 80,062 / 150,000
2019 Total Writing Days Goal: 124 / 240
June was another good writing month! I achieved pretty much everything I wanted to, and got words down for 29 of the 30 days of the month, which I'm really about about. Even if some of those days it was only a handful of words, it was still *something* which I think is really useful for me in terms of setting habits.
- June daily_deviant: went through final edits and posted! You can read it here.
- July daily_deviant: did final read-through and prepared for posting in July!
- June/July hpfemslash-minifest: outlined, drafted, and sent to beta!
- hdtropes: finished drafting and initial edits, and sent off to beta!
- hp_crossgenfest: outlined and started writing!
- hp_crossgenfest reject: outlined! This was my initial plan for CGF but once I actually sat down to outline, I realised it was much longer than I realistically have time for right now, so it was moved aside for something shorter.
JULYJuly Word Count Goal: 20,000
I've managed to hit 20k words for the last two months, so I'm hoping it'll be doable again! I do think I've got enough on my plate to hit it, so if I don't, it won't be for lack of available work!
July Fics to Focus On
- hdtropes: this fic is due July 12, so the goal is to finish and submit! It' with beta now, so I really just need to go through those edits and do a final polish.
- July daily_deviant: this is all ready to go, it just needs to be posted!
- August daily_deviant: this just needs a final read-through this month as I prepare for posting in August.
- hp_crossgenfest: posting opens for the fest on August 5, so my plan is to finish this one in July. It shouldn't be too massive, so I'm hoping to finish early on so I can focus on other things.
- June/July hpfemslash-minifest: this is all written and just pending beta edits and final polish!
- hp_daddyfest: I've still not technically signed up for this fest, as I'm really not sure yet if I'll be able to finish the fic I have in mind in time for posting, but once I finish with the above fics, my plan is to start writing this one and see how much progress I'm able to make.
- bbtp_challenge: BBTP just announced it'll be returning this year, and it's one of my favorite low-stress fests, so I am definitely hoping to participate! I've got an idea already, so I'd like to at least outline it this month, if not start writing.
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- hp_nextgen_fest: after my potential daddyfest fic, this is my next large priority. I doubt I'll get to it in July, but if I start on daddyfest and decide it's just not working, I might switch gears to this one.
- hp_crossgenfest reject: this is all outlined and ready to go, and is a fic idea I've actually had for years, but I don't really have a reason to prioritise it right now.
- September & Beyond daily_deviant: themes haven't yet posted for the fall/winter on DD, but they are on my radar as fics I'll plan on writing this year.
- Taking Chances Sequel: This is waaay on the back-burner. Like, have-not-committed-to-making-this-a-real
ity back-burner. BUT, I do have a document where I've been tossing in ideas of potential plot points/scenes for a sequel, and I have a kind of vague idea of where the fic would go. I've got quite a lot of content here and should probably sit down soon and try and wrangle it into some semblance of an actual plot. I'm pretty excited about some of the ideas I have, but working on the first fic was so draining, that I'm not quite up for tackling another long Drarry fic at the moment.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. There are a couple of ideas here that I REALLY want to write at some point, so I'm always keeping an eye out for a good opportunity to prioritize one of my ideas.
This entry was originally posted here on Dreamwidth. Please comment there using OpenID