GOALSJuly Word Count Goal: 15,870 / 20,000
2019 Total Word Count Goal: 80,062 / 150,000
2019 Total Writing Days Goal: 149 / 240
August wasn't a total bust, but it was a lot less productive than I'd been hoping. Wibbly inspiration combined with non-writing fandom duties and a decent amount of RL distraction--HS reunion, crazy busy time at work, car accident, back injury (unrelated to car accident), etc. I actually was doing pretty well until my reunion at the end of the month, which totally derailed all writing progress. But still, overall, not a terrible amount of words.
- July daily_deviant: went through final edits and posted! You can read it here.
- August daily_deviant: did final read-through and prepared for posting in August!
- June/July hpfemslash-minifest: went through beta edits and posted! You can read it here.
- hdtropes: went through beta edits, did my final read-through, and submitted!
- hp_daddyfest: finished outline and started drafting!
- hp_crossgenfest: finished drafting, went through beta edits, did final read-through, and prepared for posting next month.
- bbtp_challenge: finished first draft and initial round of edits!
AUGUSTAugust Word Count Goal: 15,000
August tends to be busy, what with the modding trifecta (prompting & NGF, posting at CGF, and sign-ups/matching at Erised) & lots of RL busyness because it's nearing the end of summer. So... we'll see if this is overly ambitious or right on the money!
August Fics to Focus On
- August daily_deviant: this is all ready to go, it just needs to be posted!
- September daily_deviant: themes haven't yet posted for next month, but hopefully they'll be up soon so I can get writing!
- hp_crossgenfest: this fic is all ready to go, it just needs to be posted.
- August/September hpfemslash-minifest: themes have yet to be posted, and I have two months to write this one, but I'd like to outline it at the very least this month.
- hp_daddyfest: I've still not technically signed up for this fest, and I'm starting to think it may be a no-go. Part of why I wanted to write this fic is because it's a challenge for me to write a specific kink/dynamic with some specific characters. The downside, is that the fic is fighting me every step of the way, and with everything else in my life ATM, IDK that I really have the time/mental energy to finish it for the fest. We'll see how things go, but if it's just not happening, I might switch my focus..
- bbtp_challenge: find & send to beta, go through edits, and get ready for posting!
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- hp_nextgen_fest: after my potential daddyfest fic, this is my next large priority. If I do decide DF isn't happening in the timeframe, I'm planning to pull this into August.
- hp_crossgenfest reject: this is all outlined and ready to go, and is a fic idea I've actually had for years, but I don't really have a reason to prioritize it right now.
- October & Beyond daily_deviant: themes haven't yet posted for the fall/winter on DD, but they are on my radar as fics I'll plan on writing this year.
- Taking Chances Sequel: This is waaay on the back-burner. Like, have-not-committed-to-making-this-a-real
ity back-burner. BUT, I do have a document where I've been tossing in ideas of potential plot points/scenes for a sequel, and I have a kind of vague idea of where the fic would go. I've got quite a lot of content here and should probably sit down soon and try and wrangle it into some semblance of an actual plot. I'm pretty excited about some of the ideas I have, but working on the first fic was so draining, that I'm not quite up for tackling another long Drarry fic at the moment.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. There are a couple of ideas here that I REALLY want to write at some point, so I'm always keeping an eye out for a good opportunity to prioritize one of my ideas.
This entry was originally posted here on Dreamwidth. Please comment there using OpenID