GOALSAugust Word Count Goal: 24,900 / 15,000
2019 Total Word Count Goal: 120,832 / 150,000
2019 Total Writing Days Goal: 175 / 240
I totally blew my August goal out of the water! I struggled a bit in July, and wasn't sure how August would go, especially given I had a number of modly responsibilities this month, but I ended up doing a last minute claim for Fan Fair and that really lit a fire under me!
- hp_crossgenfest: went through final edits and posted! You can read it here.
- August daily_deviant: went through final edits and posted! You can read it here.
- August/September hpfemslash-minifest / September daily_deviant: outlined, drafted, sent to & got back from beta, did final read-through, and prepped for posting in September!
- October daily_deviant: outlined & finished the initial draft!
- hd_fan_fair: claimed, outlined, and finished drafting! I've also just started going through my initial edits, and managed to line up a beta for when I'm finished. :)
- bbtp_challenge: sent to and got back from beta, went through edits, and prepared for posting tomorrow!
SEPTEMBERSeptember Word Count Goal: 18,000
I... have a lot to get done in September. Particularly because I've got some deadlines coming up this month and next and I'm going to be out of the country and very much unable to write at all for about 2 weeks at the end of September/mostly the beginning of October. And since I really don't want to have to stress about writing deadlines while I'm gone, it means I need to make sure I get as much done now as I can. Fingers crossed I can make it happen!
September Fics to Focus On
- August/September hpfemslash-minifest / September daily_deviant: this is all ready to go, I just need to post!
- October daily_deviant: edit, find and send to beta, and prep for posting in October.
- hd_fan_fair: finished edits, send to beta & go through their edits, and submit!
- hp_nextgen_fest: finish first draft? Ugh, that might be overly ambitious, but if I could finish the draft before I leave on my trip at the end of the month, that would make life much easier for me...
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- hp_crossgenfest reject: this is all outlined and ready to go, and is a fic idea I've actually had for years, but I don't really have a reason to prioritize it right now. Unfortuantely, it wants to be a bit longer than my standard rare pair plotbunnies, which makes it a poor candidate for last minute festing...
- November & Beyond daily_deviant: supposedly Kinky Kristmas is coming back this year and if so, I defintiely plan on participating!
- Taking Chances Sequel: This is waaay on the back-burner. Like, have-not-committed-to-making-this-a-real
ity back-burner. BUT, I do have a document where I've been tossing in ideas of potential plot points/scenes for a sequel, and I have a kind of vague idea of where the fic would go. I've got quite a lot of content here and should probably sit down soon and try and wrangle it into some semblance of an actual plot. I'm pretty excited about some of the ideas I have, but working on the first fic was so draining, that I'm not quite up for tackling another long Drarry fic at the moment.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. There are a couple of ideas here that I REALLY want to write at some point, so I'm always keeping an eye out for a good opportunity to prioritize one of my ideas.
This entry was originally posted here on Dreamwidth. Please comment there using OpenID