GOALSSeptember Word Count Goal: 14,920 / 18,000
2019 Total Word Count Goal: 135,752 / 150,000
2019 Total Writing Days Goal: 197 / 240
A smidge under my goal for the month, but I knew going into things that my goal was a bit of a stretch, though thankfully not by much! I was hoping to finish up my Next Gen Fest fic before leaving on my trip, which would have put me over my goal but, alas it was not to be! Which is fine, because I'm feeling pretty okay about where I'm at with it and still feeling confident I'll be able to wrap it up after my trip and before posting for the fest starts.
- bbtp_challenge:went through final edits and posted! You can read it here.
- August/September hpfemslash-minifest /September daily_deviant: went through final edits and posted! You can read it here.
- October daily_deviant: wrote and edited first draft, sent to and got back from beta, and went through final edits to prepare for posting next month.
- hd_fan_fair: finished drafting & editing, sent to betas, did final edits, and submitted!
- hp_nextgen_fest: went through and edited what I've already written to reacquaint myself with the fic, and drafted all but one final scene.
OCTOBEROctober Word Count Goal: 10,000
I'm posting this early, as I'm going to be traveling for the next two weeks in Peru and will be entirely without my laptop (and any kind of internet) for a good chunk of the trip. The chances of any words happening during this time are slim to none. Once I get back, I then have a family wedding to attend across the country, which is another week or so where I'll be out of writing commission. All that being said, though 10k words miiiight be stretching it, I do have a few projects to work on and polish up, so even if I don't hit that goal, I'd like to at least finish up with those!
October Fics to Focus On
- hp_nextgen_fest: number one priority this month is to finish this fic, send to beta, and edit so that it is ready for posting, which begins at the end of October...
- October/November hpfemslash-minifest: themes have yet to go up for this next round, and it's a pretty low priority, but I actually only have one other firm commitment right now, so I think at least outlining this one in October should be doable.
- October daily_deviant: this is all ready to go, I just need to post!
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- hp_crossgenfest reject: this is all outlined and ready to go, and is a fic idea I've actually had for years, but I don't really have a reason to prioritize it right now. Unfortunately, it wants to be a bit longer than my standard rare pair plot-bunnies, which makes it a poor candidate for last minute festing...
- Kinky Kristmas Comment Kink daily_deviant: I obviously won't be prepping any of these in advance, and they're generally more drabbles/ficlets, but this is definitely on my radar for participation in December! I usually like to do 2-4 fills.
- Taking Chances Sequel: This is waaay on the back-burner. Like, have-not-committed-to-making-this-a-real
ity back-burner. BUT, I do have a document where I've been tossing in ideas of potential plot points/scenes for a sequel, and I have a kind of vague idea of where the fic would go.I've got quite a lot of content here and should probably sit down soon and try and wrangle it into some semblance of an actual plot. I'm pretty excited about some of the ideas I have, but working on the first fic was so draining, that I'm not quite up for tackling another long Drarry fic at the moment.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. There are a couple of ideas here that I REALLY want to write at some point, so I'm always keeping an eye out for a good opportunity to prioritize one of my ideas.
This entry was originally posted here on Dreamwidth. Please comment there using OpenID