GOALSOctober Word Count Goal: 12,401 / 10,000
2019 Total Word Count Goal: 148,153 / 150,000
2019 Total Writing Days Goal: 214 / 240
Honestly, I'm pretty pleased with my word count this month! It's not crazy high, but given all the traveling I had on my plate in October, I knew it wouldn't be, and I managed to hit my WC goal and finish up all the fics on my plate.
- October daily_deviant: went through final edits and posted! You can read it here.
- hp_nextgen_fest: finished first draft and initial edits, sent to & got back from beta, went through final edits, and submitted!
- October/November hpfemslash-minifest: outlined, drafted, went through beta edits, and posted! You can read it here.
- January daily_deviant: outlined, wrote first draft, and went through initial edits!
- Drarry gift!fic: outlined! This was an unexpected diversion, and TBD on if it'll actually get written, but it's something for me to poke at as I have time.
- slythindor100 Advent!Fic: partial outline! I decided to sign-up for the early bird schedule, as I've never done an advent fic before and I feel like it's one of those things you should do at least once in fandom. I've decided on a general theme/plot, and started sketching out the plot beats I want to hit in the different chapters, but I won't really be able to finish the outline and start writing until the images are released.
NOVEMBERNovember Word Count Goal: 20,000
I'm a little unsure about this goal for a few reasons. November has historically been a really low WC month for me, given the combination of RL obligations for my birthday/Thanksgiving, and modding/proofing responsibilities for hp_nextgen_fest & hd_erised which not only take up my available fandom time, but also (in Erised's case in particular) tend to fuck with my muse a bit because I'm doing SO much reading of other people's interpretations of HD. Which might get me in trouble this year, because based on the outline I've been sketching for my advent!fic, I'm pretty sure it's going to end up being much longer than 20k, and I want to get most, if not all, of it written in November. So. We will see what this month holds!
November Fics to Focus On
- slythindor100 Advent!Fic: this will really be my primary writing focus in November, with the goal being to either completely write this, or get at least a good 50-75% through so that I have a posting buffer once December hits.
- January daily_deviant: find a beta!
- hp_goldenage: prompting starts on Nov 4, with claiming opening Nov 19 (my birthday!). Obviously IDK what the prompts will be yet, but I love this fest, and I'm fully planning on participating this year if a prompt speaks to me. My goal would be to claim & outline the fic in November.
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- Drarry gift!fic: this would be the first fic I turn to if I end up finishing my other priorities in November which, frankly, I do not see happening. I don't think this will be too long, but I'm still marinating on execution.
- Ageplay Fic: this was a fic I'd vaguely hoped to finish up for two different fests this past year, but I'm struggling a bit with it. Which is to be expected, as I wanted to write this specifically to push myself out of my comfort zone with a kink that requires me to really do a lot of work in order to sell myself on it with this particular pairing. It's something I'd love to continue at some point, but it takes a lot out of me...
- hp_crossgenfest reject: this is all outlined and ready to go, and is a fic idea I've actually had for years, but I don't really have a reason to prioritize it right now. Unfortunately, it wants to be a bit longer than my standard rare pair plot-bunnies, which makes it a poor candidate for last minute festing...
- December/January hpfemslash-minifest: I'm not 100% sure there's going to be a theme for these months, but if there is, I'd definitely like to write something for it.
- Kinky Kristmas Comment Kink daily_deviant: I obviously won't be prepping any of these in advance, and they're generally more drabbles/ficlets, but this is definitely on my radar for participation in December! I usually like to do 2-4 fills.
- Taking Chances Sequel: This is waaay on the back-burner. Like, have-not-committed-to-making-this-a-real
ity back-burner. BUT, I do have a document where I've been tossing in ideas of potential plot points/scenes for a sequel, and I have a kind of vague idea of where the fic would go.I've got quite a lot of content here and should probably sit down soon and try and wrangle it into some semblance of an actual plot. I'm pretty excited about some of the ideas I have, but working on the first fic was so draining, that I'm not quite up for tackling another long Drarry fic at the moment. I'd lowkey love to do this in 2020, but I've also got some big life stuff happening next year that will likely limit writing time, so IDK if that's even remotely feasible.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. There are a couple of ideas here that I REALLY want to write at some point, so I'm always keeping an eye out for a good opportunity to prioritize one of my ideas.
This entry was originally posted here on Dreamwidth. Please comment there using OpenID