GOALSNovember Word Count Goal: 51,528 / 20,000
2019 Total Word Count Goal: 199,681 / 150,000
2019 Total Writing Days Goal: 243 / 240
There is a teensy tiny chance I might do a little more writing this evening, but if so, it would just be editing, so the WC would be minimal enough that I feel okay posting this now. :) BUT, guys, LOOK AT THAT WORD COUNT! I accidentally completed NaNoWriMo? I didn't sign up, as my goal wasn't to hit 50k words, just to finish as much of my advent!fic as possible, which I did, and it turns out that meant writing 50k words. This is only the second time since I've started writing that I hit over 50k in a month, and the last time it was to specifically hit that goal and I found the process miserable. This time, it wasn't bad at all, which is partially due to different RL circumstances, but also because I wasn't so focused on hitting a specific target. I also hit my yearly WC goal this month, which is awesome. :D
- January daily_deviant: got back from beta and went through edits.
- hp_goldenage: claimed a prompt and outlined!
- slythindor100 Advent!Fic: outlined, wrote 21/25 chapters, and did initial edits of the first 20 chapters & sent off to beta. I also went through beta edits on the first eight chapters and got those ready for posting, which starts tomorrow!
DECEMBERDecember Word Count Goal: 20,000
This might be a little high for the month, to be honest, but I'd say I have at least 10k left on my advent!fic (possibly even a little more) and I do want to write some fills for DD and get started on goldenage, so it actually might be pretty achievable if I'm able to get everything done that I want to. That of course, is the key, because December is super busy IRL and in terms of my modly responsibilities with proofing and posting for Erised, so my time will be more restricted. But historically, December is often a pretty productive writing month for me, so fingers crossed it works out that way this year as well!
December Fics to Focus On
- slythindor100 Advent!Fic: finish last four chapters, go through beta edits, and post the fic!
- January daily_deviant: do final read-through and prepare for posting in January
- hp_goldenage: I would love to get this one written this month! I'm going to be out of writing commission starting at the end of January and going through February, so I want to get this submitted in January before that happens. I still have some time, so I'd at least like to make some headway, but preferably would like to finish the first draft this month.
- December/January hpfemslash-minifest: I'm not 100% sure I'll have the time for this one, but I'd like to try and at least outline something for it in December.
- Kinky Kristmas Comment Kink daily_deviant: Always a fun part of my December! The mods have said this is happening, but I've not actually seent anything post for it, so who knows... But if it does, my goal is to write 2-4 fills, time & inspiration willing!
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- Drarry gift!fic: this would be the first fic I turn to if I end up finishing my other priorities in December which, frankly, I do not see happening, especially with all the modly stuff for Erised + RL responsibilities. I don't think this will be too long, but I'm still marinating on execution.
- Ageplay Fic: this was a fic I'd vaguely hoped to finish up for two different fests this past year, but I'm struggling a bit with it. Which is to be expected, as I wanted to write this specifically to push myself out of my comfort zone with a kink that requires me to really do a lot of work in order to sell myself on it with this particular pairing. It's something I'd love to continue at some point, but it takes a lot out of me...
- hp_crossgenfest reject: this is all outlined and ready to go, and is a fic idea I've actually had for years, but I don't really have a reason to prioritize it right now. Unfortunately, it wants to be a bit longer than my standard rare pair plot-bunnies, which makes it a poor candidate for last minute festing...
- Taking Chances Sequel: This is waaay on the back-burner. Like, have-not-committed-to-making-this-a-real
ity back-burner. BUT, I do have a document where I've been tossing in ideas of potential plot points/scenes for a sequel, and I have a kind of vague idea of where the fic would go.I've got quite a lot of content here and should probably sit down soon and try and wrangle it into some semblance of an actual plot. I'm pretty excited about some of the ideas I have, but working on the first fic was so draining, that I'm not quite up for tackling another long Drarry fic at the moment. I'd lowkey love to do this in 2020, but I've also got some big life stuff happening next year that will likely limit writing time, so IDK if that's even remotely feasible.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. There are a couple of ideas here that I REALLY want to write at some point, so I'm always keeping an eye out for a good opportunity to prioritize one of my ideas.
This entry was originally posted here on Dreamwidth. Please comment there using OpenID