Challenge #5: Comment to someone you haven't ever interacted with before or introduce yourself to someone you've briefly interacted with and friend/follow them.
Challenge #6: Make a list of things that you wish existed in fandom or elsewhere, or that you'd like someone to make for you.
1. Art based on my fic: Every writer pretty much puts this one down, but that's because it's amazing! I've been blessed to have several artists create art for my fics in the past, and it continues to be one of my absolute favorite things. ♥
2. Collab Buddy: One of the things I've never done and have always been a bit curious about is a collaboration, either with another artist or another author. I've worked with artists before for Big Bangs, but that was after I'd already come up with the idea and written the fic, and I'd love to try a more collaborative creation process. :D
3. Rarepair Beta: I write so many pairings, and I have a number of betas I rotate through, but I'd love somebody who's specifically volunteered so I don't feel so guilty asking people to beta my Harry/Firenze weirdness. The key here is, I really, really, really prefer betas who will provide more in-depth concrit and analysis of my fics. I love a good squee comment, and if you see SpaG issues, please do correct those, but I want somebody who will tell me if the pacing is off, if a character reaction doesn't quite fit the scenario, if I didn't manage to fully capture the nuance of a situation, etc.
1. More Recs: I'd love for more people to consistently rec, and not just with a reblog with not content, but actual recs that tell me why you enjoyed the fic. It doesn't have to be paragraphs! But I'd love to see more reccing.
2. More Comments: I get that not everybody has the spoons to consistently comment, but it has generally felt like there has been a decrease overall in commenting. I'd love if more people consistently made an effort to comment on what they're reading and enjoying, especially for rare pair ships which tend to get less love.
3. More interaction on Dreamwidth: Journals are just my preference when it comes to fandom engagement, which I know is not the trend. But I find them so much more fufilling, and I'm really hoping that a lot of the faces I've seen around this month will stick around throughout 2020. <3
This entry was originally posted here on Dreamwidth. Please comment there using OpenID