GOALSJanuary Word Count Goal: 6,284 / 10,000
2020 Total Word Count Goal: 6,284 / 150,000
2020 Total Writing Days Goal: 11 / 240
This is going up early as I will not be writing anything else for the rest of the month. I was hoping to be slightly more productive word-wise, but I'm honestly not surprised. At the end of the day, I was able to finish everything that I *had* to get done, and though I was hoping to work on/make progress on a couple of non-critical projects, I just didn't have the bandwidth or headspace for it.
- February daily_deviant: did final read-through and prepped for posting next month.
- daily_deviant Kinky Kristmas Comment Kink Meme: wrote fourth fill.
- hp_goldenage: went through beta edits and submitted!
- hpkinkfest: claimed, drafted, sent to beta, and went through final edits!
FEBRUARYFebruary Word Count Goal: 5,000
February is basically a giant question mark in terms of writing capabilities. On the one hand, I have the entire month off of work and will essentially be cooped up in my apartment with nothing but free time. On the other hand, given that I will be recovery from a rather extensive surgery, I just don't know what my physical/mental abilities will be like when it comes to the focus needed for writing. There are one or two things I'll be signing up for that I could definitely work on in February if I'm up for it, but nothing that can't wait until March if I just don't have the capacity for it.
February Fics to Focus On
- daily_deviant Banging Birthday: at a minimum I'd like to claim a prompt, and would love to at least outline. But this is top priority, so it will be the first thing I work on in February if I have the space.
- February/March hpfemslash-minifest: I'm not 100% sure I'll have the time for this one, but if there are themes I'd love to at least outline something. This would be second priority for the month in terms of writing.
- Drarry Angst: this is a random little plot bunny I got into my head a few months back, and I'd love to actually spend some time with it if I finish with my other two actual "responsibilities". It's just for fun, but I don't think it'll be too long and it's always nice to finish things. :D
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- Drarry gift!fic: still kind of on the fence about this one. Not about giving this particular person a gift, but this fic in particular. It's an expansion of an existing fic, I've got it outlined but I've been struggling to really find the will to write it. Which I'm thinking is maybe a sign that I said everything I wanted to say in the original fic and maybe I need to find a new idea to gift this person...
- Ageplay Fic: this was a fic I'd vaguely hoped to finish up for two different fests this past year, but I'm struggling a bit with it. Which is to be expected, as I wanted to write this specifically to push myself out of my comfort zone with a kink that requires me to really do a lot of work in order to sell myself on it with this particular pairing. It's something I'd love to continue at some point, but it takes a lot out of me...
- Cross Gen Fic: this is all outlined and ready to go, and is a fic idea I've actually had for years, but I don't really have a reason to prioritize it right now. Unfortunately, it wants to be a bit longer than my standard rare pair plot-bunnies, which makes it a poor candidate for last minute festing...
- Taking Chances Sequel: This is waaay on the back-burner. Like, have-not-committed-to-making-this-a-real
ity back-burner. BUT, I do have a document where I've been tossing in ideas of potential plot points/scenes for a sequel, and I have a kind of vague idea of where the fic would go.I've got quite a lot of content here and should probably sit down soon and try and wrangle it into some semblance of an actual plot. I'm pretty excited about some of the ideas I have, but working on the first fic was so draining, that I'm not quite up for tackling another long Drarry fic at the moment. I'd lowkey love to do this in 2020, but I've also got some big life stuff happening next year that will likely limit writing time, so IDK if that's even remotely feasible.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. There are a couple of ideas here that I REALLY want to write at some point, so I'm always keeping an eye out for a good opportunity to prioritize one of my ideas.
This entry was originally posted here on Dreamwidth. Please comment there using OpenID