GOALSFebruary Word Count Goal: 2,858 / 5,000
2020 Total Word Count Goal: 9,142 / 150,000
2020 Total Writing Days Goal: 18 / 240
I said 5k might be ambitious and sure enough, it was! This month I hit the lowest amount of words I've ever written in a single month since I started writing 5 years ago... so there's that. Not thrilled, because I really had nothing but free time and tons of ability to write, but my head just wasn't in it. BUT, I had planned on not getting many words, and I did have a lot of other stuff taking up mental headspace.
- hpkinkfest: did final read-through and posted! You can read it here.
- February daily_deviant: no words, but I posted this one and you can read it here.
- February hpfemslash-minifest/Birthday!Fic for icarusinflight: outlined, drafted, and posted! You can read it here.
- daily_deviant Banging Birthday: claimed & outlined!
- Marchdaily_deviant: outlined and started drafting.
MARCHMarch Word Count Goal: 10,000
I'm hoping to ease myself back into writing as I ease myself back into the rest of my life/my standard routine. I've got a few things on the docket, so it should definitely be possible to hit that target!
March Fics to Focus On
- Marchdaily_deviant: this is my highest priority since it actually needs to post this month.
- Aprildaily_deviant: themes haven't posted yet, but hopefully they'll be up soon and I can start outlining and drafting.
- daily_deviant Banging Birthday: this isn't due for about two months, but I'm hoping to knock out the first draft this month so I can have April for beta & edits.
- March/April hpfemslash-minifest: I'm not 100% sure I'll have the time for this one, but if there are themes I'd love to at least outline something. This would be last priority for the month in terms of writing.
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- Drarry Angst: this is a random little plot bunny I got into my head a few months back, and I'd love to actually spend some time with it if I finish with my other two actual "responsibilities". It's just for fun, but I don't think it'll be too long and it's always nice to finish things. :D
- Drarry Coda: still kind of on the fence about this one. It's an expansion of an existing fic, I've got it outlined but I've been struggling to really find the will to write it. Which I'm thinking is maybe a sign that I said everything I wanted to say in the original fic...
- Ageplay Fic: this was a fic I'd vaguely hoped to finish up for two different fests this past year, but I'm struggling a bit with it. Which is to be expected, as I wanted to write this specifically to push myself out of my comfort zone with a kink that requires me to really do a lot of work in order to sell myself on it with this particular pairing. It's something I'd love to continue at some point, but it takes a lot out of me...
- Cross Gen Fic: this is all outlined and ready to go, and is a fic idea I've actually had for years, but I don't really have a reason to prioritize it right now. Unfortunately, it wants to be a bit longer than my standard rare pair plot-bunnies, which makes it a poor candidate for last minute festing...
- Taking Chances Sequel: This is waaay on the back-burner. Like, have-not-committed-to-making-this-a-real
ity back-burner. BUT, I do have a document where I've been tossing in ideas of potential plot points/scenes for a sequel, and I have a kind of vague idea of where the fic would go.I've got quite a lot of content here and should probably sit down soon and try and wrangle it into some semblance of an actual plot. I'm pretty excited about some of the ideas I have, but working on the first fic was so draining, that I'm not quite up for tackling another long Drarry fic at the moment. I'd lowkey love to do this in 2020, but I've also got some big life stuff happening next year that will likely limit writing time, so IDK if that's even remotely feasible.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. There are a couple of ideas here that I REALLY want to write at some point, so I'm always keeping an eye out for a good opportunity to prioritize one of my ideas.
This entry was originally posted here on Dreamwidth. Please comment there using OpenID