GOALSMarch Word Count Goal: 5,020 / 10,000
2020 Total Word Count Goal: 14,162 / 150,000
2020 Total Writing Days Goal: 30 / 240
Well. That could have gone better. It also could have gone worse, and I'm grateful I at least managed more words than I got last month, so that's something at least...
- Marchdaily_deviant: finished drafting, editing, and posted! You can read it here.
- March/April hpfemslash-minifest: outlined, drafted, sent to beta & edited for posting! I actually meant to post this one in March, but somehow just... didn't.
- Aprildaily_deviant: started drafting.
APRILApril Word Count Goal: 15,000
I've signed up for Camp NaNoWriMo in the hopes that it'll help me finish, at the very least, the two fic committments I currently have on my plate. They're both short fics, so I actually don't think I have 15k worth of must-finish projects, and I'm hoping to maybe play with one of my plot bunnies just for fun and see if that helps with the muse.
April Fics to Focus On
- Aprildaily_deviant: finish drafting, find a beta, edit, & post.
- daily_deviant Banging Birthday: start & finish drafting, find a beta, edit, & submit.
- March/April hpfemslash-minifest: post.
- Drarry Angst: this is a random little plot bunny I got into my head a few months back, and I'd love to actually spend some time with it if I finish with my other two actual "responsibilities". It's just for fun, but I don't think it'll be too long and it's always nice to finish things. :D
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- Drarry Coda: still kind of on the fence about this one. It's an expansion of an existing fic, I've got it outlined but I've been struggling to really find the will to write it. Which I'm thinking is maybe a sign that I said everything I wanted to say in the original fic...
- Ageplay Fic: this was a fic I'd vaguely hoped to finish up for two different fests this past year, but I'm struggling a bit with it. Which is to be expected, as I wanted to write this specifically to push myself out of my comfort zone with a kink that requires me to really do a lot of work in order to sell myself on it with this particular pairing. It's something I'd love to continue at some point, but it takes a lot out of me...
- Cross Gen Fic: this is all outlined and ready to go, and is a fic idea I've actually had for years, but I don't really have a reason to prioritize it right now. Unfortunately, it wants to be a bit longer than my standard rare pair plot-bunnies, which makes it a poor candidate for last minute festing...
- Taking Chances Sequel: This is waaay on the back-burner. Like, have-not-committed-to-making-this-a-real
ity back-burner. BUT, I do have a document where I've been tossing in ideas of potential plot points/scenes for a sequel, and I have a kind of vague idea of where the fic would go.I've got quite a lot of content here and should probably sit down soon and try and wrangle it into some semblance of an actual plot. I'm pretty excited about some of the ideas I have, but working on the first fic was so draining, that I'm not quite up for tackling another long Drarry fic at the moment. I'd lowkey love to do this in 2020, but I've also got some big life stuff happening next year that will likely limit writing time, so IDK if that's even remotely feasible.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. There are a couple of ideas here that I REALLY want to write at some point, so I'm always keeping an eye out for a good opportunity to prioritize one of my ideas.
This entry was originally posted here on Dreamwidth. Please comment there using OpenID