GOALSMay Word Count Goal: 33,513 / 15,000
2020 Total Word Count Goal: 57,873 / 150,000
2020 Total Writing Days Goal: 78 / 240
May was a great writing month for me. I wrote more in May than I did for all of January-April. Which, to be fair, says more about how shitty the beginning of the year was for me writing-wise than anything else. But over 30k in a month is actually super productive for me regardless--it usually only happens about one month a year. Fingers crossed I can maintain the momentum!
- Cross Gen Gift!Fic: edited what I had, finished the draft, went through final edits, and posted! You can read it here!
- hphet Minifest: claimed, drafted, edited, and posted! You can read it here!
- hdinspiredby: claimed, drafted, & went through initial edits!
- Drarry Gift!Fic: started editing.
- Kink!Fic: drafted 3 new scenes.
- hp_crossgenfest: refined outline & drafted about half of the fic!
- Possible hd-hurtfest: dusted off outline,edited/rewrote existing scene, and drafted... maybe 1/3 of the fic?
- May/June hpfemslash-minifest: decided on pairing & did an inital outline. Though I'm thinking I might end up changing the outline, we'll see.
- daily_deviant Banging Birthday Pinch Hit: sent to & got back from beta, went through final edits, & submitted!
- daily_deviant Banging Birthday Pinch Hit #2: drafted, sent to & got back from beta, went through final edits, & submitted!
JUNE GOALSJune Word Count Goal: 20,000
I have a super busy month ahead of my IRL, but I also have a bunch of projects going on, so we'll see how things go! I honestly have more than 20k worth of fic to write, so I'd love to get even more words in June if I can. But with everything else on my plate, I don't want to over-reach, and I'm thinking 20k should be doable.
June Fics to Focus On
- May/June hpfemslash-minifest: draft & post fic.
- hdinspiredby: find & send to beta!
- hp_crossgenfest: finish fic, go through initial edits, & find a beta.
- Possible hd-hurtfest: draft at least 2/3 of remaining scenes & decide if I want to officially sign up for the fest.
- Drarry Gift!Fic: go through initial edits and send to beta
- season_of_kink: draft & post a fic!
- rarepair_shorts: draft & post a fic!
- harrypotter_birthdayparty: outline a fic!
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- daily_deviant July-November: no themes yet, so these are all still TBD, but they're on my radar as fics to write as themes are posted.
- Possible hd_fan_fair: prompting & claiming opens in June. Not totally committed to participating--it'll depend on if any of the prompts call to me. But it's on my radar as a potential fest to keep an eye out for.
- Drarry Coda: still kind of on the fence about this one. It's an expansion of an existing fic, I've got it outlined but I've been struggling to really find the will to write it. Which I'm thinking is maybe a sign that I said everything I wanted to say in the original fic...
- Taking Chances Sequel: This is waaay on the back-burner. Like, have-not-committed-to-making-this-a-
reality back-burner. BUT, I do have a document where I've been tossing in ideas of potential plot points/scenes for a sequel, and I have a kind of vague idea of where the fic would go.I've got quite a lot of content here and should probably sit down soon and try and wrangle it into some semblance of an actual plot. I'm pretty excited about some of the ideas I have, but working on the first fic was so draining, that I'm not quite up for tackling another long Drarry fic at the moment. I'd lowkey love to at least outline this in 2020, but I've also got some big life stuff happening next year that will likely limit writing time, so IDK if that's even remotely feasible.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. There are a couple of ideas here that I REALLY want to write at some point, so I'm always keeping an eye out for a good opportunity to prioritize one of my ideas.