GOALSJune Word Count Goal: 17,731 / 20,000
2020 Total Word Count Goal: 75,604 / 150,000
2020 Total Writing Days Goal: 103 / 240
A little short of my monthly goal, which is a little disappointing given I was hoping to make more progress this past month, but understandable given that I was moving house and lost quite a few days preparing and executing the move. I had a feeling it might happen, and I'm not massively behind on anything yet, so I'm not too mad at it.
- hdinspiredby: sent to/got back from beta, went through final edits, and submitted!
- Drarry Gift!Fic: went through initial edit, sent to & got back from beta, and went through beta edits.
- hp_crossgenfest: finished the first draft! Suuuper rough, and needs heavy edits, but at least the bulk of the fic is written!
- Possible hd-hurtfest: drafted another 1/3 or so of the fic, so I've got about 2/3 total written. Unfortunately, the third I have left are some of the trickiest bits, and what I currently have down needs a lot of editing.
- May/June hpfemslash-minifest: drafted, sent to/got back from beta, went through final edits, and posted! You can read it here.
- seasonofkink/rarepair_shorts #1 : drafted, sent to/got back from beta, went through final edits, and posted! You can read it here.
- seasonofkink/rarepair_shorts #2 :drafted, sent to/got back from beta, went through final edits, and prepped for posting!
- seasonofkink/harrypotter_birthdayparty: outlined!
- daily_deviant July: outlined, drafted, & sent to beta.
JULY GOALSJuly Word Count Goal: 20,000
June wasn't quite as productive as I'd hoped, but now that I'm all moved into my new place, I'm hoping July will be better! I've actually got a number of deadlines looming so I really do need to make some steady progress. I certainly have more than 20k-worth of words to write, but I also have a good chunk of editing I'll want to get done this month, which I know will cut into my overall writing time, so I'm hoping to at least manage 20k.
July Fics to Focus On
- July/August hpfemslash-minifest: if there are themes, I'd definitely like to maintain my streak of writing for them! My goal for July would be to at least outline something.
- hp_crossgenfest: finish fic, go through initial edits, & find a beta.
- Possible hd-hurtfest: I'd love to finish the first draft of this fic in July, though that might be a stretch. I'd say if I manage to write 3/4 of the remaining scenes, then I'll feel comfortable signing up for the fest..
- Drarry Gift!Fic: go through final edits and post.
- seasonofkink/rarepair_shorts #2 : outline, possibly draft.
- harrypotter_birthdayparty/season_of_kink: draft, edit, & post fic!
- daily_deviant July: go through beta edits & post!
- Possible hd_fan_fair: Not totally committed to participating--it'll depend on if any of the prompts call to me, and I've not actually looked at any of them yet. July goal would be to at least decide if I'm signing up or not!
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- daily_deviant August-November: no themes yet, so these are all still TBD, but they're on my radar as fics to write as themes are posted.
- bbtp_challenge: one of my favorite fests/challenges was just announced and I'm definitely hoping to participate! It's not until Sept 1, so I have some time to think of what I'd want to write, and I might pull this one into July for the outlining if inspiration strikes..
- Drarry Coda: still kind of on the fence about this one. It's an expansion of an existing fic, I've got it outlined but I've been struggling to really find the will to write it. Which I'm thinking is maybe a sign that I said everything I wanted to say in the original fic...
- Taking Chances Sequel: This is waaay on the back-burner. Like, have-not-committed-to-making-this-a-
reality back-burner. BUT, I do have a document where I've been tossing in ideas of potential plot points/scenes for a sequel, and I have a kind of vague idea of where the fic would go.I've got quite a lot of content here and should probably sit down soon and try and wrangle it into some semblance of an actual plot. I'm pretty excited about some of the ideas I have, but working on the first fic was so draining, that I'm not quite up for tackling another long Drarry fic at the moment. I'd lowkey love to at least outline this in 2020, but I've also got some big life stuff happening next year that will likely limit writing time, so IDK if that's even remotely feasible.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. There are a couple of ideas here that I REALLY want to write at some point, so I'm always keeping an eye out for a good opportunity to prioritize one of my ideas.