GOALSJuly Word Count Goal: 25,042 / 20,000
2020 Total Word Count Goal: 100,646 / 150,000
2020 Total Writing Days Goal: 131 / 240
Pretty pleased with my progress this month! Had an (expected) slow start due to some life stuff at the beginning of the month, but thankfully I was able to pick up steam! Got a bunch of things checked off the list and am generally feeling okay about my still quite long to-do list.
- Drarry Gift!Fic: went through final edits, and posted! You can read it here.
- hp_crossgenfest: went through initial edits, sent to & got back from beta, went through final edits, & submitted!
- hd-hurtfest: signed up for the fest and finished the first draft.
- seasonofkink/rarepair_shorts #2 :went through final edits, and posted! You can read it here!
- seasonofkink/rarepair_shorts #3 : outlined and wrote first draft.
- seasonofkink/harrypotter_birthdayparty: re-outlined, drafted, edited, and posted! You can read it here.
- daily_deviant July: got back from beta, went through final edits, and posted! You can read it here.
- July/August hpfemslash-minifest: outlined, drafted, sent to & got back from beta, and went through beta edits.
- Possible hd_fan_fair: wrote two scenes!
- daily_deviant August: outlined, drafted, went through initial edits, and sent to beta
- daily_deviant September: decided on themes & pairing and outlined.
- bbtp_challenge: outlined!
AUGUST GOALSAugust Word Count Goal: 20,000
I've got a lot of projects to make progress on this month, so I definitely have 20k of words to write! More concerned with hitting fic goals/milestones than actually words, though!
August Fics to Focus On
- July/August hpfemslash-minifest: go through final edits and post.
- seasonofkink/rarepair_shorts #3 : find a beta, go through edits, and post.
- daily_deviant August: go through beta edits & post!
- bbtp_challenge: write, edit, and prepare for posting.
- daily_deviant September: write, edit, and prepare for posting.
- Possible hd_fan_fair: decide if participating and sign-up (or not). If yes, then I'd love to finish the first draft in August so I can have September for edits & beta.
- daily_deviant October: decide on pairing/themes and outline.
- hp_nextgen_fest: prompting is going on now and claiming will open up in August. Goals for August are to claim a prompt and outline.
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- September/October hpfemslash-minifest: no themes yet, but am hoping to write something when they become available so keeping it on my radar!
- daily_deviant November: no themes yet, still TBD if there will be posting or not, but on my radar!
- daily_deviant January: no *official* themes yet, but the themes are the same every year, so if I'm feeling industrious I can look through past months and figure it out. Probably won't have time in August to do that, but I like getting headstarts so I might at some point.
- weasleyjumpers: very much on the fence with this one given other priorities, but I have a little plot bunny that would work for this + double for a seasonofkink square, so if I have the time/inspiration, this might be pulled in.
- Drarry Coda: still kind of on the fence about this one. It's an expansion of an existing fic, I've got it outlined but I've been struggling to really find the will to write it. Which I'm thinking is maybe a sign that I said everything I wanted to say in the original fic...
- Taking Chances Sequel: This is waaay on the back-burner. Like, have-not-committed-to-making-this-a-real
ity back-burner. BUT, I do have a document where I've been tossing in ideas of potential plot points/scenes for a sequel, and I have a kind of vague idea of where the fic would go.I've got quite a lot of content here and should probably sit down soon and try and wrangle it into some semblance of an actual plot. I'm pretty excited about some of the ideas I have, but working on the first fic was so draining, that I'm not quite up for tackling another long Drarry fic at the moment. I'd lowkey love to at least outline this in 2020, but I've also got some big life stuff happening next year that will likely limit writing time, so IDK if that's even remotely feasible.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. There are a couple of ideas here that I REALLY want to write at some point, so I'm always keeping an eye out for a good opportunity to prioritize one of my ideas.