GOALSSeptember Word Count Goal: 10,451 / 15,000
2020 Total Word Count Goal: 132,798 / 150,000
2020 Total Writing Days Goal: 184 / 240
Didn't quite hit my monthly goal but I thought that might be the case, and though I'm a bit bummed at how much I've been struggling to write lately, at least I was able to complete all of the actual tasks on my to-do list.
- bbtp_challenge:went through final edits and posted! You can read it here.
- daily_deviant September: went through final edits and posted! You can read it here.
- weasleyjumpers: went through beta edits and posted! You can read it here.
- September hpfemslash-minifest: drafted fic, sent to & got back from beta, went through final edits, and posted! You can read it here.
- hd_fan_fair: finished writing fic, sent to/got back from beta, went through final edits, and submitted!
- daily_deviant October: drafted fic, went through initial edits, sent to beta, and went through final edits.
- hp_nextgen_fest: wrote first draft.
- daily_deviant January: chose pairing/themes, outlined, and began drafting.
- harrydracobang: came up with idea and started outlining.
OCTOBER GOALSOctober Word Count Goal: 10,000
Given the amount of fic I have to write this month (which isn't a lot) even this word count might be on the low side, but we'll see what happens. I've also got a lot on in fandom in terms of modding for hp_nextgen_fest and hd_erised, and trying to read along with hd_fan_fair and hd-hurtfest since I'm participating in both of those fests and it's important to me that I try and read/comment/support the other participants. I've also got a surgery at the end of the month, and I think preparing for/worrying about that + then the recovery will probably eat into my writing time. But if I can at least accomplish my goals, then I'm less fussed about hitting a specific WC.
October Fics to Focus On
- daily_deviant October: go through final edits and post!
- hp_nextgen_fest: send to beta, go through final edits, and submit.
- October/November hpfemslash-minifest: if there are prompts, pick a pairing and draft fic.
- daily_deviant January: finish draft.
- harrydracobang: finish outline.
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- daily_deviant November: no themes yet, still TBD if there will be posting or not, but on my radar!
- Drarry Coda: still kind of on the fence about this one. It's an expansion of an existing fic, I've got it outlined but I've been struggling to really find the will to write it. Which I'm thinking is maybe a sign that I said everything I wanted to say in the original fic...
- Taking Chances Sequel: This is waaay on the back-burner. Like, have-not-committed-to-making-this-a-real
ity back-burner. BUT, I do have a document where I've been tossing in ideas of potential plot points/scenes for a sequel, and I have a kind of vague idea of where the fic would go.I've got quite a lot of content here and should probably sit down soon and try and wrangle it into some semblance of an actual plot. I'm pretty excited about some of the ideas I have, but working on the first fic was so draining, that I'm not quite up for tackling another long Drarry fic at the moment. I'd lowkey love to at least outline this in 2020, but I've also got some big life stuff happening next year that will likely limit writing time, so IDK if that's even remotely feasible.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. There are a couple of ideas here that I REALLY want to write at some point, so I'm always keeping an eye out for a good opportunity to prioritize one of my ideas.