GOALSOctober Word Count Goal: 5,838 / 10,000
2020 Total Word Count Goal: 138,636 / 150,000
2020 Total Writing Days Goal: 201 / 240
So, this wasn't my worst month of the year, but it was close? Funnily enough, I wrote almost exactly the same amount this month as I did in January, when I had my last surgery, which is perhaps a theme? Then again, the two months after my surgery were my two lowest writing months all year, so fingers crossed that doesn't hold true this time around. It honestly might, though, as I have no pressing projects and quite a lot of modly responsibilities this month. Ehh, we'll see!
- daily_deviant October: went through final edits and posted! You can read it here.
- hd-hurtfest: no words, but reveals went up so I can finally claim my fic! You can read it here.
- hp_nextgen_fest: went through initial edits, sent to & got back from beta, went through final edits, and submitted!
- daily_deviant January: finished first draft.
- hp_halloween: drafted, edited, & posted! You can read it here.
- Bonus!Fic: finished first draft.
- Infidelity!fic: started outlining. This was a random plot bunny that came into my head and I wanted to jot it down so I didn't forget!
NOVEMBER GOALSNovember Word Count Goal: 5,000
Keeping expectations low both because I'm super busy in November with modly stuff, but also because TBH, I don't have much to really focus on. If I hit the muse on my HDBB idea I'd love to take off running, but I've been struggling to hit on an idea I love that I know will be over 50k, so we'll see what happens!
November Fics to Focus On
- daily_deviant January: edit draft & find/send to beta.
- harrydracobang: figure out what I'm doing for this fest and outline!
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- Infidelity!fic: this is a very random plunny that I'm not totally wed to. I might add to/refine the outline, but tbd.
- Drarry Coda: still kind of on the fence about this one. It's an expansion of an existing fic, I've got it outlined but I've been struggling to really find the will to write it. Which I'm thinking is maybe a sign that I said everything I wanted to say in the original fic...
- Taking Chances Sequel: This is waaay on the back-burner. Like, have-not-committed-to-making-this-a-real
ity back-burner. BUT, I do have a document where I've been tossing in ideas of potential plot points/scenes for a sequel, and I have a kind of vague idea of where the fic would go.I've got quite a lot of content here and should probably sit down soon and try and wrangle it into some semblance of an actual plot. I'm pretty excited about some of the ideas I have, but working on the first fic was so draining, that I'm not quite up for tackling another long Drarry fic at the moment. I'd lowkey love to at least outline this in 2020, but I've also got some big life stuff happening next year that will likely limit writing time, so IDK if that's even remotely feasible.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. There are a couple of ideas here that I REALLY want to write at some point, so I'm always keeping an eye out for a good opportunity to prioritize one of my ideas.