2021 GOALS2021 Total Word Count Goal: 150,000
2021 Total Writing Days Goal: 220
I just managed to hit my 150k WC goal for 2020, so I'm going for that one again in 2021, and we'll see what happens. I'm lowering my writing days goal as I didn't hit that one last year. My fandom feels were really waning at the end of 2020, and it's hard to know if that's a temporary blip or more permanent, so time will tell.
2021 FIC PRIORITIES
- Monthly/Bi-Monthly Challenges: daily_deviant, assuming themes start posting again, I'd like to continue writing for this one.
- Fests: at least 1 Drarry-specific fest and 3 non-Drarry fests. I'd love to do harrydracobang as my Drarry fest, though I won't beat myself up if it doesn't come together.
- Something new: I've still got things on my fannish bucket list and I'd love to check off at least one of them this year!
- Sterek AU: last year I made my way through several long-abandoned WIPs, and this is one I'd love to tackle in 2021. I love the idea, but I never gained enough steam to write it as it's a longer fic idea in a fandom I'm not longer very active in. BUT, it's been awhile since I've written outside of HP, and I think I'd like to work on that this next year.
JANUARYJanuary Word Count Goal: 15,000
Possibly ambitious given how few words I've managed the past few months, but I have projects to work on and I'd love to get back into the writing swing!
January Fics to Focus On
- Possibleharrydracobang: I would love to finish outlining this one and, even if I don't, at least write the first scene so I can see how actually writing this fic goes.
- daily_deviant January: go through final edits and post... assuming that's still happening? Themes haven't officially been announced, I just assumed what they were based on past precedent...
- Sterek AU: this idea is loosely based on a movie, so my January goal is to rewatch the movie, and then comb through and refine the outline.
- hp_goldenage: this is partially written, but I kind of hate it. I need to really try and see if this is something I can write in a way I like + sign up for the fest, or just give up.
- Futuredaily_deviant: the comm has been dead-silent for months, so who knows what's happening, but I'm planning to continue writing for it if they post themes or fest info.
- Dream!Fic: this is suuuper loosely outlined and I like the concept, but no real reason to prioritise at the moment. But I'm hoping it won't be overly long, so it might be something I pull into 2021 if the muse strikes. There's a fest happening next year that it might fit nicely into if the timing works out.
- Deaged Fic: this is a vague idea I love, I just haven't fleshed out the actual outline/plot yet.
- Taking Chances Sequel: on indefinite hiatus. I've got several pages worth of ideas for the sequel, but it's in no cohesive plot form, and IDK if it'll ever come to life.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. There are a couple of ideas here that I REALLY want to write at some point, so I'm always keeping an eye out for a good opportunity to prioritize one of my ideas.