GOALSFebruary Word Count Goal: 14,976 / 15,000
2021 Total Word Count Goal: 30,873 / 150,000
2021 Total Writing Days Goal: 45 / 220
Continuing to manage my slow and steady output. I've aimed to write between 30-60 minutes a day for 5-6 days a week and I've reliably hit those benchmarkers. It's meant that, when I do sit down to write, even though it's not for very long, I'm generally able to bang out a decent amount of words. And because I'm not making myself continue to write past that 1-2 sprints, I've not been getting burnt out either. I know I could definitely be writing more if I wanted to, but for now I'm hitting the benchmarks I need to, and I'm happy with the balance. A little short of my overall goal, but I was too tired to try and force out another 25 words, lol.
- harrydracobang: wrote 8.5 scenes + decided on an ending and outlined another 3 or so chapters
- Potential hd-wireless: wrote 1.5 scenes and mostly finished outline. Still very much on the fence on if I'll actually be able to participate in the fest, as my priority is HDBB, but I really like the concept and I'm hopeful I'll be able to manage both. Claiming is open until the end of May, so I thankfully have some time to decide.
- hpdarkartsMy Bloody Valentine/hpfemslash-minifest January/February: went through beta edits, did final read-through, and posted! You can read it here!
MARCH GOALSMarch Word Count Goal: 15,000
So far 15k a month seems to be a reasonable output for me, so I'm going to go ahead and shoot for that again!
March Fics to Focus On
- harrydracobang: I'd like to aim for writing at least 8 scenes this month. I'd also like to figure out my ending--I know generally what needs to happen in the last few chapters but I need to actual outline scenes that hit those points.
- Sterek!AU: I didn't manage this last month, but for March I'd really love to go through and refine the outline. Which I keep putting off because it involves me watching a movie, and I've just not been in the mood to watch any movies at all, but I know I'll enjoy it once I just make myself sit down and do it. There's a chance I might try and do a Sterek Big Bang and I'd need to make that decision this month as well.
- Potential hd-wireless: I think if this is to be a viable possibility, I'll need to write at least a third of my planned outline this month, so that will be my goal, as well as ruminating more on if I can sign up for the fest or if this idea will need to be tabled for now to get HDBB finished.
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- Futuredaily_deviant: the comm is essentially on hiatus with no firm plans to return, but I'm planning to continue writing for it if they post themes or fest info. I actually have a finished fic that I'd already written in anticipation of their yearly "everything old is new again" themes for January, which I'll plan to post just for fun if we don't get any themes by June.
- Deaged Fic: this is a vague idea I love, I just haven't fleshed out the actual outline/plot yet.
- Taking Chances Sequel: on indefinite hiatus. I've got several pages worth of ideas for the sequel, but it's in no cohesive plot form, and IDK if it'll ever come to life.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. There are a couple of ideas here that I REALLY want to write at some point, so I'm always keeping an eye out for a good opportunity to prioritize one of my ideas.