GOALSJune Word Count Goal: 19,943 / 15,000
2021 Total Word Count Goal: 90,358 / 150,000
2021 Total Writing Days Goal: 121 / 220
I'm honestly pretty pleased with my words this month! There were only four days in all of June that were zero word days and I made some good progress on several fics. I've been enjoying writing at my usual pace and trying not to get caught up in the fact that I've been mostly out of the HP fandom. It's actually been a bit of a relief, which should maybe tell me something.
- Rogue Samstiel Fuck or Die Bunny: went through final beta edits and posted! You can read it here.
- Unwanted Wincest Bunny: finished draft, went through initial edits, and sent to beta.
- A Relationship Unravels: refined outline and wrote 4 scenes.
- Wincest Size!Kink: wrote a couple of paragraphs, then got distracted by other ideas.
- Prison Break!Wincest: outlined, drafted, and went through initial edits.
JULY GOALSJuly Word Count Goal: 25,000
A higher WC goal this month than is my usual, and potentially not realistic, but I'm doing Camp NaNo and half a full NaNoWriMo seemed an appropriate goal. I certainly have enough to be working on to get me to this threshold, and if my muse holds up, it should be doable!
July Fics to Focus On
- Monster Daddy Sam Collab: outline and hopefully start writing! We've got a lot of ideas for this one but we need to gather them into something resembling a plot first.
- Prison Break!Wincest: send to beta.
- Unwanted Wincest Bunny: go through beta edits and post!
- A Relationship Unravels: one of my three partially written HP fics. The scenes in this one are super short and I've found it pretty easy to work on this between my SPN fic. I'd like to write at least 6 scenes this month and outline the few missing scenes I have left in the outline.
- Januarydaily_deviant: post. I have a finished fic that I wrote late last year in anticipation of their yearly "everything old is new again" themes for January, which never happened. And since it's now the second half of the year, I just want to post it and get it out of my drafts.
Upcoming Fics / Stuff on the back-burner
- Futuredaily_deviant: the comm is essentially on hiatus with no firm plans to return, but I'm planning to continue writing for it if they post themes or fest info.
- Wincest Size!Kink: not a high priority, but something to come back to at some point.
- Abandoned hd-wireless: wasn't able to get my shit together to make the fest, but I'd love to finish at some point. Maybe for next year? LOL. I'd say I have less than 10k left to write + editing, so it should be doable and I really like the idea so I definitely want to finish at some point!
- Abandonedharrydracobang: I've got about 45k between my draft + remaining outline, and I'd say I have another 15k or so to write + significant editing. I really do want to come back to this at some point, I just don't think I'm quite ready yet.
- Sterek!AU: I think I might need to just accept that this is just not happening right now. I've got it outlined but I need to rewatch the movie inspiration to refine, and I've just not been in the mood.
- Taking Chances Sequel: on indefinite hiatus. I've got several pages worth of ideas for the sequel, but it's in no cohesive plot form, and IDK if it'll ever come to life.
- Pile O' Plot Bunnies: I currently have a list of over 20 concrete plot bunny ideas. Some of things I'll try and incorporate into fests or daily deviant themes. Some are sequels or codas to existing fics of mine. There are a couple of ideas here that I REALLY want to write at some point, so I'm always keeping an eye out for a good opportunity to prioritize one of my ideas.